Kiewit Corporation Mine Electrical Engineer in Christine, Texas
Mine Electrical Engineer
Date: Jun 29, 2019
Location: Christine, TX, US
Requisition ID: 80342
• Understand and comply with all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements.
• Perform long/short range electrical planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
• Integrate plans with short and long-range mine plans.
• Establish and maintain productive communications between all levels of supervision, mine management and mine electrician staff.
• Perform related substation calculation and settings.
• Plan and oversee dragline maintenance including motors, generators and transformers.
• Plan for and participate in monthly MSHA inspections.
• Investigate problems and/or reported incidents; identify and recommend solutions/alternatives as appropriate.
• Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree.
• One or more years’ post-graduate field experience in mining or similar environment.
• Participative experience in mining operations safety.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Understanding of process improvement and change initiatives.
• Fast-paced working mine environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management, staff and craft personnel while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 50 pounds. Work in potentially wide ranging climates and environment in uneven terrain.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Construction, Electrical Engineering, Electrician, Engineering