Kiewit Corporation Heavy Civil - Superintendent in Chicago, Illinois
Heavy Civil - Superintendent
Date: Dec 7, 2018
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Requisition ID: 76931
• Provide supervisory direction of craft workers via the general foreman and foreman, managing the performance of productivity, safety, quality and schedule adherence.
• Liaison between field engineering and craft to ensure compliance of construction drawings and specifications.
• Coordinate and interface effectively with other craft superintendents and subcontractors, as well as Kiewit staff personnel and leadership to ensure smooth workflow and schedule adherence.
• Resolve employee conflicts, grievances, and scheduling difficulties, informing project and corporate management as appropriate.
• Assist in schedule planning, determining craft labor levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
• Ensure project rules, procedures and programs are followed consistently, including those involving safety, attendance, and workplace behavior standards as reflected in Company’s non-harassment and nondiscrimination policies.
• Perform additional ad hoc assignments per supervisor’s direction.
• At least five years’ experience in the construction industry, with at least three years in a supervisory role.
• Previous knowledge/experience in large infrastructure projects is required
• Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, engineering drawings and other documents,
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate craft performance.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Chemical Research, Compliance, Engineering, Legal