Kiewit Corporation Sponsor - TIC Marine in Charleston, South Carolina
Sponsor - TIC Marine
Date: Apr 28, 2019
Location: Charleston, SC, US
Requisition ID: 77424
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but will help propel you forward in your career faster than you may expect. We’ll train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that will impact millions across North America. Training will include Kiewit specific management, training from our state of art Kiewit University, as well as technical seminars from industry conferences and vendor courses.
The Sponsor is the individual with overall accountability for the project and or projects. They're primarily concerned with ensuring that the project(s) deliver the agreed business benefits. The Sponsor acts as the representative of the organization, and plays a vital leadership role through:
• Providing 'championship' for the project, selling and marketing the project throughout the organization
• Providing business expertise and guidance to the Project Manager
• Acting as the link between the project, the business community and perhaps most importantly, management decision making groups
• Acting as an arbitrator and making decisions that may be beyond the authority of the Project Manager
• Recruiting and growing your team at all levels of the organization
• Ensuring that the business need is valid, correctly prioritized and project is properly launched
• Ensuring that the project remains a viable business proposition
• Ensuring changes to the project are properly managed and risks are assessed
• Establishing the project organization, roles and reporting structure
• Ensuring the project is following all Safety Guidelines and policies
• Approving key project deliverables
• Initiating project reviews and supporting the process of review with project team
• Resolving issues (typically competition for resources and priority clashes)
• Resolving conflict and removing obstacles to progress
• Overall safety and quality of the project, both the methods used to develop it and the end product.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university
• At least 15+ years’ related experience and/or training, specifically in the heavy civil/ marine construction industry
• Experience leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects.
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively
• Must be able to regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen
• Occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (50-75%)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Charleston South Carolina
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Construction, Engineering, Legal