Kiewit Corporation Scheduler in Calgary, Alberta
Date: Jun 27, 2019
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 80331
We are looking for an individual with experience in planning and scheduling for oil and gas construction operations. This position will be based out of Calgary, Alberta. In this position you will take a role in scheduling work on various types of oil and gas construction projects from small to mega.
• Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, Math or equivalent degree/work experience.
• At least 3 years of scheduling experience, at least one year in construction preferably in the energy sector.
• Proficiency in scheduling software including Primavera P6 Project Management
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling and Earned Value Analysis.
• Understanding of resource loading and leveling using P6.
• Knowledge of construction and engineering principles and practices.
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
• Strong work ethic with orientation to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organization, time management and record keeping skills.
• Ability to travel or relocate based on business needs.
• Ability to be a team player and act independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to travel cross border (Canada/US).
Role and Responsibilities
Assist the PM in controlling the project schedule by providing the following services:
• Project Scheduling
• Baseline Development
• Progress and schedule updates
• Schedule Impact Analysis
• Manpower Analysis
• Critical Path Analysis
• Ability to plan and run scheduling software
• Interface with Operations, Owners, and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems
• Provide information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Engineer, Scheduler, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Administrative, Customer Service