Kiewit Corporation Quality Inspector - Paving in Calgary, Alberta
Quality Inspector - Paving
Date: Jun 22, 2019
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 79715
At Kiewit, we never stop raising the bar. Consistently focused on high quality production, we commit to excellence in all we do. We encourage new and innovative ideas with forward thinking. We build our work right the first time, delivering with a sense of urgency, the highest value to our clients.
With growing needs in Alberta we are looking for a Quality Inspector that is an expert in all things Paving when it comes to highway and bridge building. As the Quality Inspector – Paving you will be responsible for field inspections and implementing the quality program throughout the project cycle working closely with the project team to ensure Kiewit’s commitment to excellence.
• Have a thorough knowledge of the projects Quality Management System, work instructions, and procedures
• Ensure work is performed to established technical requirements defined by project documentation including drawings, specifications, procedures, inspection and test plans, and work instructions
• Complete a comprehensive checklist at each hold/witness point as required by the ITPs.
• Generate inspection and test plans, and procedures. Assure implementation and effectiveness of the project quality plan for the assigned area.
• Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
• Work with construction supervisors, schedulers, planners and subcontractors regarding development and implementation of the project quality system.
• Generate quality reports and metrics
• Execute personnel quality training regarding the project specific quality process and requirements as requested.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
• Organize and maintain project quality records and files related to area of responsibility
• Report all Non-Conformance and rework issues to the Project Quality Manager. Assist in the documentation and resolution verification as requested.
• Research and answer questions of a technical nature. Assist in the interpretation of construction codes and standards.
• Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective actions to eliminate or minimize hazards.
• Must have P.Eng or C.E.T. (Certified Engineering Technologist) certification (mandatory)
• Must have minimum 3 years of direct construction inspection experience on highway and bridge construction projects (mandatory)
• Possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in heavy civil/quality control construction field
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Inspection, Engineer, Quality Manager, Inspector, Quality, Engineering