Kiewit Corporation Project Sponsor in Calgary, Alberta
Date: Feb 11, 2019
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 79201
The Project Sponsor will have overall accountability for one or more projects and play a key leadership role as the representative for Kiewit. You will ensure our projects are estimated accurately, delivered on time and budget and exceeding client expectations. You’ll help us proactively mitigate risks and help ensure the job is executed effectively.
• Providing business expertise and guidance to the Project Manager and help with key decisions that may be beyond the authority of the Project Manager
• Participate in “Get Work” efforts by identifying future work opportunities at existing projects,
• Assist the Get Work team with the development of estimates and proposals
• Act as the link between internal and external stakeholders including; the project, partners, sub-contractors, the business community and District leadership teams
• Establish the project organization, roles and structure to ensure each employee is being effectively utilized and developed while assigned
• Ensure business needs are identified and effective plans are in place to help prioritize and launch projects
• Manage any change management, mitigate any risks and approve any key project deliverables
• Oversee arbitration and decision making that may be beyond the authority of the Project Manager
• Drive partnerships with other Districts to ensure 1Kiewit philosophy is fully embraced and executed
• Ensure Kiewit’s strong safety and quality culture are integrated throughout project organization
• Initiate project reviews to ensure that Kiewit basics and fundamentals are in place and fully executed
• Resolve issues such as competition for resources and priority clashes
• Champion project(s), selling and marketing the project throughout the organization
• Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related or engineering field or equivalent experience
• 15+ years’ experience in construction or engineering field within the energy / infrastructure industries
• Exposure to EPC execution models is an asset
• Experience leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects.
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality, ethics and integrity
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively
• Must be an effective oral and written communicator
• Ability to travel up to 50% and relocate as business needs requires.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Law, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Construction Engineer, Legal, Engineering