Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Equipment Coordinator - Kiewit Energy Canada in Calgary, Alberta
Date: May 25, 2018
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 73422
Kiewit Equipment Services (KES) is currently seeking an Entry Level Equipment Coordinator. KES helps to ensure the profitability of Kiewit projects through the improved equipment utilization and mechanical reliability by delivering world-class equipment and service. This position is responsible for the planning, scheduling, budgeting, utilization and reliability of a construction and mining equipment fleet. The position will deal with day to day as well as long term issues related to an equipment fleet. The position’s main focus will be to improve equipment reliability as well as implement, monitor, audit, and manage preventative maintenance programs.
•Understand and comply with all health, safety, and environmental requirements.
•Long/short range equipment planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
•Use reliability and failure analysis data to increase equipment availability and reliability.
•Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management.
•Support of craft maintenance technicians – ordering parts, manage inventory, schedule crews, and manage quality and safety.
•Degree/Certificate in Diesel/Automotive Technology, Heavy Equipment Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technologist, Industrial Engineering or equivalent program
•Previous mechanical experience preferred
•Strong work ethic – Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
•Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
•Willingness to travel and relocate as required.
•Willingness to work in both office and field environments
•Ability to freely access all points of a construction or mining site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Engineer, Water Treatment, Mechanical Engineer, Wastewater, Entry Level, Engineering