Kiewit Corporation Contract Administrator in Calgary, Alberta
Date: Jul 8, 2019
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 80660
We are currently seeking a proactive Contract Admin on one of our Projects. In this role, you will also utilize your strong organizational skills to provide administrative support maximizing our efficiencies and ensuring our team continues to run like clockwork.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
Kiewit’s Western Canada District is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, bridges, water resources, and underground utilities. We are looking for hard working individuals with a passion for construction who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Our current opportunities are spread across the entire west coast of Canada.
This position is based in one of our Project Offices in Calgary, AB
• Administratively support the Contracts Team
• Collaborate with managers on projects and process improvements
• Gather data and prepare reports
• Coordinate and arrange meetings including agenda preparation, meeting invitations, reserving and preparing facilities and resources including virtual conferencing tools
• Coordinate conference room schedules through Outlook calendar
• Maintain contact list and calendars in Outlook.
• Maintain various logs, reports and templates
• Help staff with booking travel, schedule coordination, and expenses
• Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mails and faxes
• Provide assistance with proof-reading documents; maintaining database files; assembling project support material
• Update E-Distribution list and project directory
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma and at least 2 + years of administrative experience, preferably for engineering, construction or oil/gas/chemical company
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
• Must be customer service oriented
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
Other common names for this role: Project Administration, Office Administrator, Office Clerk
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Administrative Assistant, Database, Contract Manager, Engineering, Technology, Administrative, Legal