Kiewit Corporation Administrative Assistant - Kiewit Energy Canada in Calgary, Alberta
Administrative Assistant - Kiewit Energy Canada
Date: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 79214
We are currently looking for a proactive Administrative Assistant to support our growing demands at Kiewit Energy’s Headquarters in Calgary, AB. This is an exciting and dynamic position where you will utilize your strong organizational skills to support our senior leaders and ensure our office continues to run like clockwork.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals such as yourself to be the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and offer diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility you won’t find just anywhere.
Kiewit Energy Canada is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. We are a major industrial contractor that work on projects that involve construction of oil sands processing facilities, including steam–assisted gravity drainage facilities, refinery expansions, gas plant expansions, co–generation facilities, major mine developments and pipe spool fabrication.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Energy Canada’s Headquarters in 10333 Southport Road SW #200, Calgary, AB T2W 3X6 and is a professional office setting.
• Provide logistical support for onboarding, interview booking, and meeting arrangements
• Coordinate schedules and travel arrangements for leadership
• Complete all expense reports on time and accurately
• Provide district office support including meeting minutes, reception coverage, coordination of team building events
• Help support the development of District Material (org charts etc.)
• Always strive for continuous improvement ensuring we are maximizing our efficiencies
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma and at least 2 + years of administrative experience, preferably for engineering, construction or oil/gas/chemical company
• Tech savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint.
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Comfortable presenting to small groups of individuals
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
Other Titles: Office Clerk, Administrator, Office Admin
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Secretary, Engineer, Developer, Administrative Assistant, Fabrication, Administrative, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing