Kiewit Corporation Sponsor - Western Canada District in Burnaby, British Columbia
Date: Mar 15, 2018
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 70603
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Western Canada District
Kiewit’s Western Canada District has been a leading heavy construction contractor since the early 1940s, building projects from British Columbia to Manitoba to the Northwest Territories. Our work includes highways, bridges, mass transit systems, mine site development and open pit operations, hydroelectric powerhouses, wind-power plants, dams and industrial facilities. We are the regions leader in all things grading, paving, excavation and structures.
As the Project Sponsor you will have overall accountability for one or more projects and play a key leadership role as the representative for Kiewit ensuring our projects are delivered on time, on budget and continue to surpass client expectations.
You will be responsible for:
• Championing the project and getting buy in on project throughout the organization
• Successfully launching the project ensuring business need is validated and correctly prioritized
• Ensuring the project organization, roles and reporting structure and key deliverables are established
• Being the liaison between the project, the business community and the management group
• Overseeing the project to ensure it remains a viable business proposition, changes are managed and risks are assessed
• Initiating project reviews and supporting the process of review with project team
• Providing business expertise and guidance to the Project Manager and help with key decisions that may be beyond the authority of the Project Manager
• Acting as an arbitrator resolving project issues and conflicts such as competition for resources, priority clashes etc.
• Ensuring the implementation of Kiewit’s strong safety and quality culture are integrated throughout project organization
• Stepping into the Project Manager position when needed
• At least 15+ years’ related experience building or estimating heavy civil construction and infrastructure projects
• Ideally have a Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar
• Experience leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively
• Must be able to regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen
• Occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds
• Travel and relocate anywhere in Canada, U.S. and internationally
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Manager, Water Treatment, Wastewater, Engineering, Legal, Management