Kiewit Corporation Senior Roadway Engineer in Burnaby, British Columbia
Senior Roadway Engineer
Date: May 6, 2019
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 79458
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is currently seeking a Senior Highway Engineer with extensive roadway design experience to provide technical leadership, oversight and interdisciplinary coordination on complex highway design build projects. in your growing office in Burnaby, BC.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage multiple technical teams working on pursuit and final design projects
• Perform technical review of design deliverables ensuring them meet project requirements
• Mentor junior staff with technical and professional development
• Design quality management plan champion for the civil design team
• Develop project budgets, schedules and staffing plans for KIE final design projects
• Assist senior management team in project selection and, technical risk assessment
• 11+ years of highway design experience with an emphasis on design-build
• Professional registration required
• Geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, superelevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize.
• Knowledge of design software including MicroStation and AutoCAD
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Quality Manager, Transportation, Geology, Engineering, Quality