Kiewit Corporation Senior Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Engineer in Burnaby, British Columbia
Senior Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Engineer
Date: Nov 25, 2019
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 84329
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service Construction Driven Engineering firm supporting the internal Kiewit infrastructure and construction projects. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is currently seeking a Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Engineer with experience in the maintenance of traffic for large highway projects and understands construction phasing and work sequencing. Candidate will prepare MOT plans, coordinate with engineering and construction staff, and provide technical leadership, oversight and interdisciplinary coordination on complex highway design build projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with project team to understand the design limits and constraints
• Develop MOT design on pursuit and final design projects
• Review project scope and contracts to assure MOT plans meet project requirements
• Mentor junior staff with technical and professional development
• Coordinate with project estimating and scheduling staff to develop and optimize phases
• Strong focus on innovation and ability to envision, develop and evaluate multiple phasing options
• Develop Transportation Management Plans
• 15+ years of Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) experience for highway projects
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in Civil Engineering
• Design build experience preferred, but not required
• Professional registration required
• Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification desirable
• Extensive knowledge of the MUTCD, Roadside Design Guide and construction traffic control design
• Experience in developing Maintenance of Traffic Plans for Design-Build projects is desired
• Experience in development of Traffic Management Plans is desired
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead
• Knowledge of design software including MicroStation, Inroads, Signcad AutoCAD and Civil3D
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Maintenance, Engineer, Construction, Maintenance Engineer, Geology, Manufacturing, Engineering