Kiewit Corporation Roadway Engineer (mid Level) in Burnaby, British Columbia
Roadway Engineer (mid Level)
Date: Mar 2, 2019
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 76254
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers has an immediate opening for a dynamic Mid-Level Roadway Design Engineer in our growing office in Burnaby, BC. Looking for the ideal candidate with roadway design experience to provide technical designs, oversight and interdisciplinary coordination on highway design build projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, super elevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
• Interdisciplinary design coordination to ensure that project elements are designed as an integrated unit
• Develop preliminary design concepts for highways including geometrics, construction sequencing, and 3D models
• Create exhibits for meetings and proposals
• Final design of project elements including: roadway geometrics, roadway design plans, signing and marking plans, maintenance of traffic plans, wall plan and profile sheets
• 5-10 years of progressive civil / highway design experience with an emphasis on design-build projects
• Professional Engineer registration
• Knowledge of Microstation, AutoCAD, InRoads or Civil3D with the ability to mentor and train junior staff
• Experience developing plan sheets/sets and design build projects
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Construction, Transportation, Engineer, Geology, Design Engineer, Engineering