Kiewit Corporation Purchasing Manager- KLTP in Burnaby, British Columbia
Purchasing Manager- KLTP
Date: Mar 15, 2019
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
KLTP (a joint venture partnership between Kiewit and Ledcor) is seeking a Purchasing Manager. The position provides project specific leadership and management for procurement of engineered equipment, subcontracts, professional services, commodities, permanent plant materials, and small tools & supplies. This position manages assigned purchasing agents, purchasing managers and other purchasing employees interfacing with engineering management, estimating management, design professionals and site management. Duties also include but are not limited to: negotiating with equipment vendors, material vendors, subcontractors and service providers, while consulting with corporate attorneys and senior management when necessary.
• Oversees and plans all aspects of purchasing from pre-bid to closeout.
• Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers, subcontractors and professional service providers.
• Negotiate commercial terms and conditions with equipment vendors, material vendors, professional service providers and subcontractors, while consulting with corporate attorneys and senior management to minimize project and corporate risk while maintaining commercial competitiveness.
• Monitors and oversees execution of the purchasing buy-out.
• Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying and/or estimating materials, equipment, subcontract and professional services.
• Oversee staff training.
• Locate and assist in evaluating and qualifying vendors of materials, equipment, subcontractors and professional service providers.
• Process requisitions and prepare purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
• Assist in the development and implementation procurement and contract management instructions, policies and procedures.
• Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
• Provide feedback to assist in analyzing market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
• Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims.
• Review purchase order or subcontractor claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Oversee administration of online purchasing systems.
• Communicate and enforce purchasing policies & procedures to project team.
• Provide training to ensure policies & procedures are followed.
• Responsible for projections, financial planning, expediting, delivery schedules and project purchasing reporting.
• Oversees the development and review of all procurement analytics, reporting and deliverables.
• Additional Specific duties and responsibilities applicable to this position are described in the KLTP Work Instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization. SAP Experience a plus.
Must have a BA/BS in business, engineering, supply chain management, construction management or equivalent degree and/or a minimum of 5 years experience in engineering and/or construction or equivalent work/field/military experience. Possess knowledge of equipment and materials common in the construction industry. Negotiations experience a plus.
The individual must:
• Be detail oriented,
• Flexible and highly motivated,
• Have a strong work ethic and professional demeanor,
• Effective time management and organizational skills,
• Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately,
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and
• Must be team player but able to work independently, to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Occasional construction/field site visits may be required.
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, ERP, Manager, Purchasing, Engineering, Technology, Management, Finance