Kiewit Corporation Purchasing Agent - KLTP in Burnaby, British Columbia
Purchasing Agent - KLTP
Date: May 12, 2019
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
KLTP (a joint venture partnership between Kiewit and Ledcor) is seeking a Purchasing Agent. The position operates in the area of procurement estimating, bid tab analysis, selection of vendors, engineered equipment, subcontracts, professional services, commodities, site purchasing, material management, contract administration, site mobilization and demobilization and vendor surveillance. Short-term field assignments may be required for this position.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on cost, quality, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, stability, compliance to applicable laws and regulations, and first nations mutual benefits agreements.
• Prepare and issue Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and evaluation of vendor & subcontractor proposals to project constraints.
• Develop cost escalation models and labour estimates.
• Analyze price proposals, financial reports and other data and information to determine reasonable costs.
• Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and process requisitions for goods and services at the lowest total cost that meet design and specification intent.
• Administer online purchasing systems.
• Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
• Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
• Monitor and expedite shipments and contain delivery issues including missing, defective, or unacceptable goods or services.
• Negotiate and administer contracts with suppliers, including performance evaluation of contractual obligations and changes.
• Provide training and conduct procurement related audits to ensure procedures are followed.
• Evaluate and update compliance of processes to quality management system standards and drive improvements.
• Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance and inventories.
• Leverage vendors/subcontractors across multiple procurements to create cost savings to project(s).
• Additional Specific duties and responsibilities applicable to this position are described in the KLTP Work Instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization. SAP Experience a plus.
Must have a BA/BS in business, engineering, supply chain management, construction management or equivalent degree and/or a minimum of 2 years experience in engineering and/or construction or equivalent work/field/military experience. Possess knowledge of equipment and materials common in the construction industry. Negotiations experience a plus.
The individual must:
• Be detail oriented,
• Flexible and highly motivated,
• Have a strong work ethic and professional demeanor,
• Effective time management and organizational skills,
• Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately,
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and
• Must be team player but able to work independently, to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Occasional construction/field site visits may be required.
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Quality Manager, Purchasing, Database, Engineering, Technology, Quality, Finance