Kiewit Corporation Project Manager - Western Canada District in Burnaby, British Columbia
Date: Mar 15, 2018
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 70604
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Western Canada District
Kiewit’s Western Canada District has been a leading heavy construction contractor since the early 1940s, building projects from British Columbia to Manitoba to the Northwest Territories. Our work includes highways, bridges, mass transit systems, mine site development and open pit operations, hydroelectric powerhouses, wind-power plants, dams and industrial facilities. We are the regions leader in all things grading, paving, excavation and structures.
As the Project Manager you will manage construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing those project management tools (i.e., project controls systems, engineering interface, subcontract and materials management, purchasing, scheduling).
• Manage and direct project teams by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood
• Establish project procedures consistent with contractual documents and quality plans for all engineering work; determine and oversee all project controls, schedules and budgets
• Serve as project representative with client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence
• Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed
• Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule
• Maintain ongoing communication with client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with client needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client and Kiewit needs
• Ensure all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements
• Provide ongoing training and mentoring to entry and midlevel engineers to promote employee development
• Utilize extensive knowledge of basic engineering fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones
• Help drive the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work
• Responsible for overall schedule and ensure work is completed on time
• 10+ years’ related experience building or estimating work in the heavy civil or infrastructure construction industry
• Ideally have a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar
• Experience leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Project Manager, Engineer, District Manager, Manager, Compliance, Technology, Engineering, Management, Legal