Kiewit Corporation Equipment Superintendent Burnaby in Burnaby, British Columbia
Equipment Superintendent Burnaby
Date: Mar 2, 2019
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 75701
Provide field leadership and management of equipment maintenance and readiness to meet specific district or project needs.
Ensure project safety and quality performance through personal example as well as supervision activities.
Work within Company data systems to record and track equipment maintenance and utilization.
Ten or more years’ experience in heavy construction equipment maintenance, repair and utilization.
Ability to communicate effectively all levels of district and project management, staff and craft.
Experience and ability in the use of equipment database-related technology.
Fast-paced environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 50 pounds. Work outdoors as needed in ambient conditions.
Travel in the western Canada as needed.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Database, Project Manager, Water Treatment, Engineering, Technology