Kiewit Corporation Early Career Geotechnical Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Burnaby, British Columbia
Early Career Geotechnical Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: Mar 12, 2019
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 77091
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineers to join our Construction Engineering Services (CES) group in the Toronto and Vancouver offices. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to grow within our highly technical team. The Geotechnical Engineer should be familiar with current technology and software.
Our CES group provides value to the success of Kiewit projects by designing temporary works which are critical to safe execution of our work, quality project design, cost control, and construction excellence. The CES group provides engineering support on Kiewit projects which include: earthwork; support of excavation; gravity earth retaining structures; mechanically stabilized earth walls; soil nail design; slope stability analysis; settlement analysis; deep and shallow foundations; construction dewatering; pile driving analysis; ground improvement; heavy equipment and crane working surface design; and on-site engineering support.
• Apply in depth knowledge of geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics, rock mechanics, groundwater hydrology, and geotechnical design to support heavy civil construction.
• Work on an interdisciplinary team including structural engineers, drafters, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to provide advice on construction methodology, geotechnical risk, and the design of temporary works.
• Produce engineering reports, drawings and detailed calculation packages summarizing each engineering assessment.
• Provide geotechnical support during bid-phase to help identify geotechnical risks and develop mitigation plans and innovative solutions.
• Master's Degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geotechnical Enginerering; or equivalent experience is required
• 0-3 years post-graduate experience
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
• The ability to travel across North America
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Geotechnical Engineering, Engineer, Construction, Geology, Construction Engineer, Engineering