Kiewit Corporation Mine Engineer in Bremond, Texas
Date: Sep 9, 2019
Location: Bremond, TX, US
Requisition ID: 81799
• Understand and comply with all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements.
• Perform long/short range equipment planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
• Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management.
• Perform engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and handling minor problems of a technical nature arising during mining operation.
• Short-range mine planning involving dragline design, truck-shovel design, regrade design and estimating.
• Integrate plans with short and mid-range mine plans.
• Develop and assist in annual budgets including cost and financial analysis.
• Assist in regulatory permitting.
• Investigate problems and/or reported incidents; identify and recommend solutions/alternatives as appropriate.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree in Mining, Civil Engineering, or equivalent degree.
• One-three years’ post-graduate field experience in mining or similar environment preferred.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Participative experience in mining operations safety.
• Understanding of process improvement and change initiatives.
• Willingness and ability to travel to or relocate, long term, to job sites.
• Fast-paced working mine environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management, staff and craft personnel while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 50 pounds. Work in potentially wide ranging climates and environment in uneven terrain.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: College Station
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Business Process, Engineering, Management