Kiewit Corporation Instrument and Controls Superintendent in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
Instrument and Controls Superintendent
Date: Dec 10, 2018
Location: Birdsboro, PA, US
Requisition ID: 77022
• Provide field leadership and management of craft in Electrical / Instrument Control disciplines in a project environment
• Ensure project safety and quality performance through personal examples as well as supervision activities
• Direct and perform operations of construction management system as required
• Manage job cost reports and budget
• Five or more years’ experience in heavy construction environment with union craft management experience
• Experience in labor and cost planning and budget
• Ability to communicate effectively with project craft, staff and management
• Fast-paced project field environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 50 pounds.
• Travel or relocation in the U.S. to project areas as needed.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Reading PA
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Chemical Research, Water Treatment, Engineering