Kiewit Corporation Equipment Engineer Intern in BC, California
Equipment Engineer Intern
Date: Aug 1, 2019
Location: BC, CA
Requisition ID: 80102
Kiewit Equipment Services (KES) is currently seeking Equipment Engineer Interns. KES helps to ensure the profitability of Kiewit projects through the improved equipment utilization and mechanical reliability by delivering world-class equipment and service. This Intern position will assist the Equipment Team in planning, scheduling, budgeting, utilization and reliability of a construction and mining equipment fleet. The position will deal with day to day as well as long term issues related to an equipment fleet. The position’s main focus will be to improve equipment reliability as well as implement, monitor, audit, and manage preventative maintenance programs.
• Understand and comply with all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements.
• Long/short range equipment planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
• Use reliability and failure analysis data to increase equipment availability and reliability.
• Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management.
• Support of craft maintenance technicians – ordering parts, manage inventory, schedule crews, and manage quality and safety.
• Must be pursuing an Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering Technology, or BS in Diesel/Automotive Technology.
• Strong work ethic – Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Willingness to travel and relocate as required.
• Willingness to work in both office and field environments
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction or mining site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns engage with the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real-world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Intern, Construction, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Wastewater, Entry Level, Engineering