Kiewit Corporation Yard Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Date: Mar 14, 2019
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Requisition ID: 79552
With the growth of our operations, we are seeking to hire a Full Time Construction Yard Manager for our Peachtree City, GA location. The primary responsibilities of this role will consist of managing all material inventory, small tools and equipment, fabrication of specialty construction devices, and maintenance of equipment. We are looking for a strong leader who understands the importance of efficiency while maintaining an obsessive focus on employee engagement, quality and safety. Our Construction Yard is the hub of our business and this leader will thrive in a fast-pace environment that excels in exceeding material management expectations and is highly organized and reliable. This position requires workday flexibility and after hours support for employees working weekend and off-shifts.
The following description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required.
• Complete weekly material inventory
• Coordinating and scheduling equipment deliveries and departures
• Maintain yard housekeeping, organization and layout, including opening the yard gate in the morning, and evening
• Storing and tracking specialty orders
• Daily meetings with Area Manager to discuss yard operations
• Regular maintenance of yard and local training facility as needed
• Assisting trucks with offloading deliveries and items shipping out
• Prepare pre-shipment inspection of all tools and equipment
• Assist with vehicle licensing and maintenance for local company equipment
• Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts, injuries and general activity to Area Manager
• Promote a positive and transparent work environment
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Vocational or Associates Degree preferred
• Valid Driver’s License with no restrictions
• Must be able to operate a forklift, or other construction with minimal training required
• General maintenance and understanding of mechanical equipment
• Minimum 1-3 years of supervisory experience
• Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
• Professional communication skills and ability to work with team members of all levels
• Experience working in a high production, deadline base environment
• Computer literate and basic skills with Microsoft Office
• Employee must be physically fit to perform manual labor in all types of environments and conditions, including heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
Other physical requirements include walking, climbing or balancing and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Specific vision abilities required by the position include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Engineer, Chemical Research, Manager, Warehouse, Fabrication, Engineering, Management, Manufacturing