Kiewit Corporation Field/Office Engineer Intern (Summer 2019) - Southeast District in Atlanta, Georgia
Field/Office Engineer Intern (Summer 2019) - Southeast District
Date: Feb 2, 2019
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Requisition ID: 78758
Kiewit's Southeast District is currently hiring for Field/Office Engineers for their Summer 2019 Intern Program! As a Field/Office Engineer Intern you will be tasked with taking on real-work responsibilities that directly impact the projects. You will work directly with field operations, office engineering, or estimating groups throughout the 10-12 week internship. This position would start at the end of May and continue through the beginning of August, in time for you to move back to campus!
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
For more than 30 years, Kiewit's Southeast District has performed work across the southeast United States. Our projects include highways, airports, mass transit systems, canals, dams, pump stations and tunnels. We also specialize in grading, paving, excavation and structures. Because our people receive continuous and extensive training, hands-on experience and challenging responsibilities from the day they join our team, they quickly develop the expertise that has earned our district its reputation as the premier contractor in the southeast United States.
The Southeast District office is based in Peach Tree City, GA (just outside of Atlanta). Other satellite office locations include Baltimore/Washington D.C, Tampa/Orlando, and Miami. One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Field Operations: Interpret drawings and specifications for field crews and craft, prepare work plans and work packages, order and schedule material deliveries
• Office Engineering: Perform takeoffs from drawings, generating change orders reviewed by Project Manager, provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
• Estimating: Review and analyze data relative to the project, complete plans and specification reviews for projects, assist with preparation of a bid
• Ability to travel and relocate as the business requires (25%-50%)
• Currently pursuing your Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering, construction management or related degree
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Other common names for this role: Field Engineer Intern, Office Engineer Intern, Engineer Intern, Engineer Co-Op
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real-world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Construction, Intern, Engineer, Field Engineer, Civil Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level