Kiewit Corporation Field Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Date: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Requisition ID: 79229
Although TIC Denver is headquartered in CO, we do projects across the US and require our employees to relocate on an as needed basis. This position would be primarily focused on construction projects located in southeastern portion of the United States.
TIC Denver is one of Kiewit’s Districts that focuses on construction projects in industrial settings. These projects range from Industrial Manufacturing, Pulp and Paper, Power to OGC and Mining across the country. TIC Denver is an “open-shop” environment.
As a Field Engineer with Kiewit’s TIC District you will provide guidance and leadership in the field for our “open shop” construction projects. You will be working with a vibrant and diverse team to build, estimate, and schedule mechanical, electrical and heavy industrial construction on some of the largest most exciting construction projects in the country.
• Support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by the supervisor, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend pre-bid investigation meetings
• Supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors
• Preparing work plans, assuring quality control, managing and tracking costs and materials, scheduling equipment, administering safety programs and maintaining exceptional owner relations will fall within the job duties as well
• We are looking for the next generation of workers who strive for excellence and have the drive and desire that it takes to work in the fast paced, heavy construction environment
• The ability to travel and/or relocate as required.
• 2-10 years of construction experience in an industrial setting
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline, or Construction Management
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with SureTrak, Hard Dollar, Revit, SAP, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is a plus.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic – Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Field Engineer, Construction, Engineer, ERP, Engineering, Technology