Kiewit Corporation Experienced Procurement Specialist - Southwest Valley in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Experienced Procurement Specialist - Southwest Valley
Date: Aug 1, 2019
Location: Albuquerque, NM, US
Requisition ID: 80926
Southwest Valley Constructors is looking for a fulltime, experienced Contract Administration Specialist to join the team, supporting the Contract Administration Manager. This role will support heavy civil construction projects throughout the region.
Southwest Valley Constructors is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska.
This position will be based out of Southwest Valley Constructors Albuquerque, NM office.
• Complete project planning for estimating and procurement execution.
• Lead the evaluation and monitoring of vendor performance to ensure compliance with obligations and determine needs for changes.
• Leverage vendors/subcontractors across multiple procurements to create cost savings to project(s).
• Purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings with buyouts.
• Provide training and conduct procurement related audits to ensure procedures are followed.
• Actively develop budgets, schedules and performance plans to meet customer and company goals and objectives.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier’s reputation and history.
• Monitor shipments to ensure goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
• Prepare/issue Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and evaluate vendor/subcontractor proposals to identify vendors/subcontractors who meet project constraints of budget and schedule at the estimating, execution and site purchasing levels.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization. SAP Experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, construction management or equivalent degree.
• At least 2-5 years of experience in an engineering and/or construction related role.
• Advanced knowledge of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality and site purchasing.
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives.
• Ability to relocate for long and short-term field assignments.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Procurement, Engineer, ERP, Compliance, Database, Operations, Engineering, Technology, Legal