Kiewit Corporation Experienced Contract Administration Specialist - Southwest Valley in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Experienced Contract Administration Specialist - Southwest Valley
Date: Aug 1, 2019
Location: Albuquerque, NM, US
Requisition ID: 80916
Southwest Valley Constructors is looking for a fulltime, experienced Contract Administration Specialist to join the team, supporting the Contract Administration Manager. This role will support heavy civil construction projects throughout the region.
Southwest Valley Constructors is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska.
This position will be based out of Southwest Valley Constructors Albuquerque, NM office.
• Develop and manage construction project subcontract and material contract administration and control procedures from inception to completion.
• Act as single point of contact and accountability for overall subcontract and material contract administration on assigned projects.
• Ensure contract handler conformance to contract provisions and assist contract handers with contract correspondence.
• Oversee preparation of subcontracts, change orders, claims identification and contract handler administration.
• Oversee all subcontract payment provisions and payment approvals.
• Manage exception reports and contract documents.
• Process project contract acceptances and completion reports.
• Negotiate contracts and bring terms to final agreement.
• Provide training and conduct contract administration related audits to ensure procedures are followed.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and general knowledge of database utilization
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, construction management or equivalent degree and/or 2-6 years in construction or equivalent work/field/military experience
• Detail-oriented, flexible and highly motivated with a strong work ethic and professional demeanor
• Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to lead and manage others
• Team player who can also work independently to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Contract Manager, Engineer, Supply, Database, Supply Chain Manager, Legal, Engineering, Operations, Technology