Kiewit Corporation Sr. Purchasing Manager - Calgary in AB, California
Sr. Purchasing Manager - Calgary
Date: Jan 8, 2019
Location: AB, CA
Requisition ID: 77802
The position provides leadership and management for supply chain management services and activities for the procurement of tagged equipment, subcontracts, professional services, commodities, permanent plant materials, and small tools and supplies. This position manages assigned purchasing agents, purchasing managers and other purchasing employees interfacing with business line managers, engineering management, estimating management, design professionals and site management. Duties also include but are not limited to: negotiating with equipment vendors, material vendors, subcontractors, and service providers, while consulting with corporate attorneys and senior management when necessary. Long-term relocation and short-term assignments are a requirement of this position. If assigned to the project site, the senior purchasing manager position will be operational in nature dealing significantly with field issues at active projects.
• Oversee and plan all aspects of purchasing from pre-bid to closeout.
• Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers, subcontractors and professional service providers.
• Negotiate commercial terms and conditions with equipment vendors, material vendors, professional service providers and subcontractors, while consulting with corporate attorneys and senior management to minimize project and corporate risk while maintaining commercial competitiveness.
• Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying and/or estimating materials, equipment, subcontracts, and professional services.
• Monitor and oversee execution of the supply chain management strategy and plans.
• Oversee staff training and development.
• Manage the qualification and evaluation process for suppliers of materials and equipment, subcontractors and professional service providers.
• Develop and implement procurement and contract management strategies, instructions, policies and procedures.
• Manage the maintenance of records of goods ordered and received.
• Provide feedback to assist in analyzing market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
• Lead the resolution of vendor or contractor grievances and claims.
• Oversee the preparation and issuance of Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and evaluation of vendor and subcontractor proposals to identify vendors/subcontractors who meet project budget and schedule.
• Communicate and enforce procurement policies and procedures to project team.
• Provide training and conduct procurement related audits to ensure procurement policies and procedures are followed.
• Responsible for projections, financial planning, expediting, delivery schedules and project purchasing reporting.
• Oversee the development and review of all procurement analytics, reporting and deliverables.
• Long Term relocation and short-term field assignments will be required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization. SAP experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business, engineering, supply chain management, or equivalent degree and/or a minimum of ten years’ experience in engineering and/or construction or equivalent work/field/military experience; advanced degree preferred
• Knowledge of equipment and materials common in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects
• OGC experience strongly preferred
• Detail-oriented, flexible and highly motivated with a strong work ethic and professional demeanor
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to interface with executive leaders in the organization
• Team player but also able to work independently to meet fixed deadlines, goals and objectives.
• Strong leadership and people management skills
• Membership to various procurement agencies or associations is preferred
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, ERP, Supply Chain Manager, Purchasing, Engineering, Technology, Operations, Finance