Kiewit Corporation Quality Coordinator - Day in Villa de Reyes, Texas
Date: Apr 11, 2017
Location: Villa de Reyes, TX, US
Requisition ID: 64628
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Promote and maintain effective communications and relations (verbally and in writing) with district management, project management teams and engineers/clients as required.
• Examine and inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered; take corrective action as needed.
• Listen to employee and supervisor suggestions, complaints, problems, safety concerns and recommendations, evaluate each and then devise and implement a plan of action based on that evaluation.
• Identify potential safety hazards and take all necessary corrective actions to eliminate or minimize them.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the KEG Quality Management System and procedures and promote standardization.
• Develop and complete Welding Procedure Qualification Records and Welding Procedure Specifications.
• Manage Welding Procedure Specification log and files for assigned districts.
• Stay abreast of and promote state of the art and innovative welding techniques, special processes and procedures.
• Research technical welding matters and distribute reference material to support the district and projects.
• Assist in conducting project quality audits and reports.
• Manage American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Master Data Reports and Repair Report processing and registration with the National Board.
• Train and mentor junior welding engineers and technicians.
• At least four years’ engineering or science degree or technical college degree plus two years’ experience in related construction field
• CWI required
• Working knowledge of construction practices, construction codes (ASME, AWS, ACI, etc.) and non-destructive examination procedures (VT, RT, UT, PT, MT) (desirable)
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills, ability to research and work with detailed/technical matters and convey/explain the information to field personnel
• Ability to work in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and SharePoint software programs as well as able to quickly learn other software applications
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to perform a variety of tasks with deadlines and potentially frequent interruptions
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Welding, Engineer, Developer, Quality Manager, Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology