Kiewit Corporation Construction Superintendent in Various Locations, Washington
Date: May 16, 2017
Location: Various Locations, WA, US
Requisition ID: 65541
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit’s Northwest District is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, and underground utilities, while developing builders who will lead the company into the future.
We are looking for first-line supervisor (s) to support our various Northwest Projects with responsibility to a specific construction discipline. Superintendents set the highest expectations for safety, quality, schedule and cost performance. Their roles and responsibilities are to plan and lead operations to achieve these expectations while working with a team of engineers and supervisors.
• Hiring, training and firing craft personnel
• Scheduling and directing work crews
• Preparing work plans and Hazard analysis for the work
• Assuring quality control
• Managing and tracking cost
• Scheduling equipment and subcontractors
• Administering safety programs
• Maintaining good owner relations
• Supervise construction projects
• Perform daily inspections of work performed
• Act as liaison and coordinator between contractors and craft employees
• Solve problems that arise.
• Develop 90-day, 3-week and daily schedules for crews, equipment and materials.
• Build on budget and adjust the plan and methods as the work proceeds to improve productivity.
• Must have a minimum of 10 - 15 years experience in heavy civil construction.
• Must have hands on field experience as well as supervisory experience in a specific construction discipline. (Concrete, earthworks, structures, etc)
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
• Knowledge of construction and engineering principles and practices.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• Must be able to adapt to new surroundings and with new people.
• Must be prepared to attend meetings with customers and owners/general contractors.
• Working knowledge of computers and experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent motivational skills.
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Construction Line Supervisor, QC, Wastewater, Engineering, Quality