Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Field/Office Engineer - Underground in Various Locations, Nebraska
Date: Sep 14, 2017
Location: Various Locations, NE, US
Requisition ID: 67681
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
We are looking for people pursuing one of the following college majors: Civil Engineering, Mining, Geotechnical Engineering, and Construction Management
Kiewit Underground conducts its operations primarily through Kiewit Infrastructure Company, a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, we construct both deep underground and foundations facilities/projects across the U.S. and Canada related to transportation, water/wastewater, power, mining, and telecommunications to name a few.
These Entry Level Engineers will be required to perform engineering work in connection with a wide range of underground and foundations project that range in size, difficulty, and duration. Entry Level Engineers will be involved in the district estimating unit at various points in a career, which involves quantity takeoffs, site visits, estimating the work, sitting in on estimate reviews and bid close-out.
We have projects all across the United States and Canada, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date.
• Field engineering, operation planning, cost control, project scheduling, quantity tracking, material procurement, contract administration, estimating and supervision of field activities
• Performing engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and handling minor problems of a technical nature arising during construction
• Maintaining records as required regarding job progress, costs, material usage, etc.
• Planning and scheduling of job and/or job segments
• Investigating problems and/or reported incidents; identifying and recommending solutions/alternatives as appropriate
• Reviewing plans and specifications to determine material requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials, etc.
• Working with suppliers as required facilitating the handling and expediting delivery of materials
• Must have received at a minimum an undergraduate degree in civil engineering, mining, geotechnical, construction management or related before starting this position
• Be willing to fully participate in job assignments at the job site, district office or department to which assigned
• Must be willing to travel and relocate throughout career as we operate on a national scale, not a regional one
• Have the ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Good working knowledge and experience with both Excel and Word
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Construction, Engineer, Technology, Entry Level, Engineering