Kiewit Corporation IT Field Technician - Vancouver, WA in Vancouver, Washington
Date: Jun 6, 2017
Location: Vancouver, WA, US
Requisition ID: 65984
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
The Technician’s primary responsibility is to provide deskside and remote support to end users. This position assists the Lead in carrying out Kiewit Technology Group’s policies and procedures. This role supports Kiewit Technology Group (KTG), districts and jobs in technology related processes.
•Ensure tickets are complete within established Service Level Agreements or to customer’s satisfaction
•Provide deskside and remote support to end users
•Maintain hardware lifecycle management, including imaging, deploying, tracking, maintenance, and decommissioning
•Maintain software lifecycle management, including deploying, tracking, upgrading and maintenance
•Assist with maintaining district and job technical documentation and follow established procedures
•Assist with job site mobilization, demobilization and site changes as needed
•Provide device and software end user training
•Requires 60% travel - with overnight stays (drive/fly)
•Technical Skills – deploy, troubleshoot, maintain
•Customer service skills – escalation management
•Interpersonal skills – collaboration, effective communication
•Organizational skills – personal organization, time management
•Analytical skills – problem solving, critical thinking
•Education – Associate degree in Computer Information or Technology Certificate preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Nearest Secondary Market: Tacoma
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Maintenance, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing