Kiewit Corporation TBM Tunnel Superintendent in Vancouver, British Columbia
Date: Oct 8, 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 67105
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is presently seeking a qualified individual to fill the managerial role of TBM Tunnel Superintendent for the Trans Mountain Expansion Project in Burnaby, British Columbia.
As a TBM Tunnel Superintendent, specific duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
• Managing local tunnel subcontractor and monitoring the technical and performance parameters of the Tunnel Boring Machine, including:
• Ensuring the Tunnel Boring Machine is operating within parameters and provide interpretation of same;
• Ensuring the tunnel is in pressure as required;
• Managing conversion of TBM from soft ground to hard rock;
• Monitoring the tunnel boring machine launch/retrieval conditions including seals and jacking frame;
• Safety performance and safety conditions; and
• Tunnel Boring Machine guidance, position and survey inputs
• Manage the spare parts program to maintain an inventory of pertinent and maintained spares for subcontractor use; and
• Assist with reporting and documentation in accordance with National Energy Board condition satisfaction for project approval.
The successful candidate will possess the following job requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
• Six (6) years of combined heavy civil experience;
• Four (4) years of Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) experience, which should include:
• Able to understand and effectively interpret all elements within TBM specifications;
• Management experience over tunnel labour and/or subcontractors to ensure machine operates within required parameters;
• Planned hyperbaric interventions;
• Minimum 2-Bar experience;
• Understands tunnel boring machine equipment operations and can effectively troubleshoot mechanical maintenance procedures;
• Required experience in TBM conversion from open mode to EPM mode;
• Expertise on Herrenknecht TBM(s);
• Managed TBM launch and retrieval conditions including seals and jacking frame;
• Can read and interpret survey inputs
• Experience communicating with and coordinating between owners, suppliers, and subcontractors; and
• Able to run and manage multiple tunnel shift operations.
Terms of Employment:
This is a project-based position, approximately 2 years. The successful candidate will work a minimum of 40 hours per week. The salary for this positon will be $75,000 – 100,000 CAD per year.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental care, life insurance, disability insurance, RRSP matching, critical illness insurance, and an employee assistance program. Relocation benefits are also provided, as required, per company guidelines. A cost of living adjustment may also be provided if the selected candidate is relocating for the position, up to 25% of base salary.
Location of Work:
2985 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC, V5M 4X3
2985 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC, V5M 4X3
Interested parties are asked to submit their application online at www.kiewitjobs.com.
We thank all interested parties who apply, however only those that qualify for the advertised position will be contacted.
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Construction, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Engineering