Kiewit Corporation Environmental Coordinator in Toronto, Ontario
Date: May 17, 2017
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 65563
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
Key Duties and Responsabilities:
• Perform regulatory research to determine compliance requirements with all permits and ensuring compliance with environmental legislation.
• Leading the implementation of environmental policies and practices
• Coordinating all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
• Training staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities
• Promoting and raising awareness, at all levels of an organization, of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice, on corporate, ethical and social responsibility.
• Carrying out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce an organization’s environmental risks and financial costs.
• Respond to project requests and needs for assistance with environmental compliance.
• Obtain permits for new and existing projects.
• Negotiating environmental service agreements and managing associated costs
• Perform and assist with environmental assessments and compliance audits.
• Managing the development and implementation of an environmental management system.
• Developing and implementing environmental strategies and action plans that ensure corporate sustainable development.
• Working with Procurement on establishing sustainable procurement for all goods and services
• 1-5 years of work experience with some exposure to regulatory requirements and compliance.
• Bachelor Degree in Environmental Studies
• Highly motivated and self-managed to get things done right the first time.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong organization/time management skills.
• Strong work ethic, detailed oriented, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Uncompromising attitude toward safety
• Willingness and ability to relocate, long term, to job sites
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Compliance, Engineering, Legal