Kiewit Corporation Off Site Supplier Quality Inspector - Kiewit Supply Network in The Woodlands, Texas
Date: Jul 13, 2017
Location: The Woodlands, TX, US
Requisition ID: 67042
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Based in a corporate or district office, the Off Site Supplier Quality Inspector supports Procurement in the implementation and execution of procurement quality inspections and audits. The Off Site Supplier Quality Inspector’s primary responsibility is to perform QA/QC shop Inspections to ensure critical materials and engineered equipment purchased meet or exceed our customer’s and contract quality and workmanship expectations. The Off Site Supplier Quality Inspector may also assists in ensuring the subcontracts or corporate agreements for goods and services meet Kiewit Procurement quality standards and customer’s expectations. This position will require up to 85% travel - must have the ability to travel outside of the US.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but is not necessarily limited to the following:
• Have a working understanding of power generation and O&G equipment related to the fabrication, testing, and functionality.
• Be able to read and understand equipment specifications, drawings, provide feedback in regards to recommended testing and inspections
• Report to management and Project personnel about fabrication problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
• Communicate inspection results, both verbally and written, with those responsible for equipment/materials, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
• Have a thorough knowledge of Procurement quality procedures, documents, and reporting structures.
• Assist Kiewit Procurement in Supplier/Subcontractor prequalification by providing input on the fabricator’s quality programed by performing supplier Audits.
• Provide support to Districts and projects in overseeing fabricator and subcontractor quality as needed.
• Review Supplier/Subcontractor NCR’s and assist in developing corrective action plans. Coordinate with Quality Managers to approve final disposition and sign off of NCR’s.
• Provide input to Kiewit Procurement in rating the overall quality performance of suppliers and subcontractors. Conduct Audits as needed.
• Highly skilled and experienced in written and verbal communications to include leading pre-fabrication meetings, creating pre-fabrication checklists, writing inspection reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A four-year engineering, science or technical college or university degree plus 4 years of Supplier quality experience. OR an Associate degree in engineering technology or science plus at least five years of Supplier Quality experience.
• NDE Experience
• American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector required or ability to obtain within 6 months
• ASNT ACCP Level II VT preferred
• NACE Level I, II or III preferred
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required
Must have a broad working knowledge of all design/craft disciplines and plant equipment/materials associated with industrial projects and must be familiar with their associated special processes, inspection, and testing techniques.
Must be familiar with industrial procurement and vendor surveillance procedures as well as working knowledge of construction industry codes and standards (AWS, ASME, NEC, etc.).
• Be detail oriented,
• Flexible and highly motivated,
• Have a strong work ethic and professional demeanor,
• Effective time management and organizational skills,
• Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately,
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and
• Must be team player but able to work independently, to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Inspection, Network, Welding Inspector, Supply, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Operations