Kiewit Corporation Construction Manager - TIC in The Woodlands, Texas
Date: Apr 11, 2017
Location: The Woodlands, TX, US
Requisition ID: 64644
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Manage and direct project teams by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood.
• Establish project procedures consistent with contractual documents and quality plans for all engineering work; determine and oversee all project controls, schedules and budgets.
• Serve as project representative with client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence.
• Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
• Maintain ongoing communication with client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with client needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client and Kiewit needs.
• Ensure all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements.
• Utilize extensive knowledge of basic construction fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones.
• Requires the capability to run large construction projects, including EPC or Design/Build Turnkey projects
• Minimum of seven to ten years total experience.
• Must have a strong knowledge of Construction Management Systems
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Manager, Compliance, Water Treatment, Engineering, Management, Legal