Kiewit Corporation Superintendent 1 in Sunrise, Florida
Date: Aug 6, 2017
Location: Sunrise, FL, US
Requisition ID: 66082
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Provide supervisory direction of craft workers via the general foreman and foreman, managing the performance of productivity, safety, quality and schedule adherence.
• Liaison between field engineering and craft to ensure compliance of construction drawings and specifications.
• Coordinate and interface effectively with other craft superintendents and subcontractors, as well as Kiewit staff personnel and leadership to ensure smooth workflow and schedule adherence.
• Resolve employee conflicts, grievances, and scheduling difficulties, informing project and corporate management as appropriate.
• Assist in schedule planning, determining craft labor levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
• Ensure project rules, procedures and programs are followed consistently, including those involving safety, attendance, and workplace behavior standards as reflected in Company’s non-harassment and nondiscrimination policies.
• Perform additional ad hoc assignments per supervisor’s direction.
• At least five years’ experience in the construction industry, with at least three years in a supervisory role within a union environment.
• Previous knowledge/experience in setting large equipment is required
• Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, union agreements and jurisdictional issues, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, engineering drawings and other documents,
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate craft performance.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Lauderdale
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Chemical Research, Compliance, Controls Engineer, Engineering, Legal