Kiewit Corporation Estimator in Sunrise, Florida
Date: Aug 5, 2017
Location: Sunrise, FL, US
Requisition ID: 66068
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Develop complete estimates for large, complex jobs.
• Supervise estimators in the preparation of check estimates for other work, review estimates prepared by other estimating groups or JV partners to determine completeness of data used, procedures, and aid in resolving differences in bid items.
• Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
• Reviews all bid and contract documents and home office legal department opinions.
• Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present.
• Utilize engineer techniques and procedures to conduct investigation and adhere to standard company policy and procedures.
• Perform design work as required by the project that is beyond the estimator scope of experience; handle any major technical problems encountered during bid preparation.
• Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods and procedures that are developing in the industry.
• Prepare special engineering studies or reports required by certain bid items or conditions.
• Consult with owners on various problems discovered during bid preparation, design, rates, schedules, etc.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil or construction-related tech¬nology, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above
• At least five years of related experience
• Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience with heavy civil and highway, and other infrastructure type projects
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, Powerpoint)
• Proof of eligibility to legally work in the United States
• Ability to perform duties in wide-ranging physical and climatic conditions, heights and negotia¬tion of complex stair structures
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Lauderdale
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segment: Estimator, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Finance, Engineering