Kiewit Corporation Office Manager - Kiewit Bridge & Marine in Seattle, Washington
Date: Aug 30, 2017
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Requisition ID: 68944
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
We are currently looking for an Office Manager to support our new E360 Project Office in Seattle, Washington. As the Office Manager you will report to the Project Business Manager and provide administrative support to business aspects of the project office. The includes, but is not limited to: accounting, data entry, processing data, providing support to human resources, as well as handling payroll, procurement, taxes, accounts payable and company or outside equipment rent for the project.
• Greet visitors, facilitate walk-ins and answer the phone
• Organize and arrange meetings, schedule conference rooms and set up catered meals.
• Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mails and faxes.
• Sort and distribute incoming mail including office deliveries.
• Order and maintain office supplies, arrange for equipment maintenance as needed.
• Maintain a working knowledge of current software package and new technologies to improve operations.
• Involvement in our compliance programs including, regulations and accounting policies.
• Compliance with federal and provincial sales/use taxes, payroll, and property taxes
• Contract administration, including documentation to support subcontracts, material contracts and owner progress estimates including bonding, insurance and lien releases.
• Manage invoice mailbox and disseminate contract and vendor invoices
• Scan and process invoices
• Support with payroll administration
• Maintaining records as required regarding job progress, and costs
• Process any union referrals
• Set up new hires including dispatch request, performing I-9’s and facilitating onboarding activities
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor
• Must be knowledgeable in basic accounting functions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, SharePoint
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Must be a positive, pro-active, strong team participant with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Must be a self-starter and highly motivated with the desire to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Payroll, Engineer, Developer, Outside Sales, Finance, Engineering, Technology, Sales