Kiewit Corporation Sr. Structural Engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina
Date: Apr 12, 2017
Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Requisition ID: 63662
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Prepare designs for assigned structure(s) including research, system selection, analysis, and drawing preparation on projects ranging from moderate to large in size and complexity.
• Apply department and industry standards to oversee the preparation of calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
• Incorporate the requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring the projects meet or exceed project goals.
• Research new markets and adapt current process and work flows to successfully execute project deliverables.
• Mentor and direct the work of entry and mid-level employees for skills development. Reviews their progress and results. Provides direction and coaching, as needed.
• Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address structural-related issues or concerns.
• Oversee the development of ECN’s for design changes. Recommend changes for standards or process improvements, as needed.
• Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) to project management and department management.
• Support department managers in setting and achieving performance goals for the department.
• At least seven-ten years’ experience in structural engineering and design. A minimum of three years in the power industry or industrial markets, preferred
• Functional in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations
• Knowledgeable in engineering software, specifically SAP2000, SAFE, spMats, and Mathcad
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a civil or architectural engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program. Some masters’ coursework preferred
• Licensed Professional Engineer
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Structural Engineer, Architectural Engineering, Procurement, Engineering, Operations