Kiewit Corporation Project Manager in Raleigh, North Carolina
Date: Sep 23, 2017
Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Requisition ID: 65786
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
The Kiewit Engineering Group Inc. Engineering Services Project Manager position requires a seasoned professional manager of projects capable of balancing multiple competing priorities. Priorities may exist on a single large complex project or across an assignment of many unrelated smaller projects. These priorities include, but are not limited to: managing client expectations, meeting each project’s scope requirements within budgeted time and resources, managing scope for Kiewit efficiently while increasing the value of what Kiewit delivers to each client, managing a diverse, temporary (project based) workforce, managing time effectively, training staff on each job, modeling proper behavior with clients and in all other work environments, making effective work assignments at the right staff level and finally pursuing additional client work in four areas (scope additions on this project, duplicating of current project’s work on another project, finding new work at this client, finding new work at other clients).
Each Project Manager must be self-motivated, results oriented and must constantly coach in order to maximize current work value while growing long term KEG Inc. intellectual and execution capability in developing team members.
This role requires great flexibility to react to issues outside of the control of the incumbent, while demonstrating an ongoing ability to:
• Delegate work effectively and efficiently
• Coordinate resource needs with the Director of Operations
• Deal with ambiguity and remain focused on successful project execution
• Manage many varied personalities on the work team and at the client
• Communication clearly and consistently with appropriate documentation
• Communicate effectively with Clients at all levels, always looking for additional work
• Consistently balance contractual obligations with Client satisfying behavior
Identifying new work, proposing successfully, delivering projects to clients in the Southeast that grow, KEG Inc. in dollars earned and in staff capability are the core jobs of the Project Manager.
The Project Manager role in Raleigh, NC requires:
• Building and maintaining industry relationships through the pursuit, development and delivery of successful projects
• Acting as the Engineering Services liaison for clients in the Southeast region
• Team leadership skills that grow staff capability and deliver results
• Becoming the ongoing face of Kiewit to multiple clients through successful projects
• Pursuing, winning and delivering profitable client assignments in engineering services and detailed design
• 25-35% Travel/Work away from KEG Inc. offices with clients on projects
• 10-20% Time in intense project pursuit/client response development at Kiewit or at Client site
• A minimum 10 years’ experience managing projects related to power industry
• Civil/Structural, Mechanical, or Electrical engineering degree
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Project Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Manager, Project Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Management