Kiewit Corporation Project Coordinator in Raleigh, North Carolina
Date: Apr 20, 2017
Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Requisition ID: 64903
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Provide high-quality administrative support, under minimal supervision, to the entire project team in performing a final check and issuing all types of deliverables.
• Setup project database, project SharePoint site and project email at the beginning of each project.
• Provide continual updates to the project procedures manual and inform project team of updates.
• Issue and perform final check for all types of deliverables including specifications, drawings, ECN’s, MCR’s, design criteria, narratives, line lists, valve lists, circuit schedule, raceway schedule, memos, correspondence to vendors, construction partner and the project owner.
• Initiate database setup, email filing system, project set up tasks and project SharePoint site at the beginning of a project.
• Update the project procedures manual on a regular basis, ensuring it is up-to-date; update distribution lists and organizational charts.
• Set up and prepare for meetings by scheduling conference rooms, arranging, ordering and setting up lunches, meeting and greeting guests, ensuring room is in order and has sufficient supplies; attend select meetings and cleanup after meetings.
• Handle inquiries on a daily basis ranging from computer to software to copier/fax questions to location of a person/phone number and various others.
• Arrange travel for team members and others.
• Copy, scan, prepare express-mail project material and file electronic emails.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook. Knowledge and experience in SharePoint is a plus
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• High attention to detail and strong organization skills
• Effective communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Must be flexible and adaptable
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Administrative Assistant, Project Manager, Database, Engineering, Technology, Administrative