Kiewit Corporation Safety Manager - Southwest in Phoenix, Arizona
Date: Aug 6, 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Requisition ID: 66081
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Are you passionate about safety and ensuring everyone is working in a safe condition and environment? This position will be with Kiewit’s Southwest District, based out of Phoenix, AZ. Southwest District is very diverse, specializing in constructing and upgrading interstates, highways, water treatment facilities, bridges, airport runways, taxiways, and associated facilities.
As a Safety Manager, you’ll be part of a team implementing and overseeing the Project Safety Program including the development of site safety policies and procedures. You’ll assist in monitoring the activities of heavy industrial construction projects, insuring the facility's compliance with pertinent governmental regulations, company policies and procedures. Other responsibilities of the Safety Manager include:
• Assisting in determining the cause of unsafe conditions and injury claims through procedure, equipment, and facilities inspection and worker observation.
• Providing corrective action recommendations and assisting in implementing metrics for tracking and reporting on performance issues will also fall within your responsibilities.
• Review project work plans for accuracy in conformance with the standards and assist in safety program audits, coaching, and training.
• Having the ability to carry out duties in various work environments including wide ranging weather conditions and terrain with the ability to travel and/or relocate as required for projects.
• 3-5 years experience in a safety role supporting construction (visiting job sites)
• Degree or equivalent experience in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Safety, or a related field of study.
• Bilingual (English + Spanish)- PLUS
• Knowledge of construction safety, current Federal and OSHA requirements.
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Certification as a Safety Professional or Emergency Medical Technician is preferred.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• The ability to travel and relocate as required.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Manager, Inspector, Engineering, Management, Quality