Kiewit Corporation Materials / Inventory Technician in Phoenix, Arizona
Date: Aug 11, 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Requisition ID: 68201
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Review shop drawings of sprinkler systems and prepare accurate materials ordering lists.
• Enter materials orders into computer inventory system.
• Communicate and coordinate project orders with fabrication, design, and operations departments.
• H.S. Diploma and at least one year of related materials and inventory experience.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office including Word, Outlook and Excel and related computer applications.
• Previous fire sprinkler or related experience highly preferred (Fitter, etc.) as well as experience working with Hydralist, Eclipse, and/or AutoCAD software.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff and craft personnel.
• High degree of accuracy as well as mathematical ability.
• Fast-paced, casual office environment; must be able to interact professionally with management and staff and craft employees while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Inventory, Technician, Engineer, Fabrication, Wastewater, Operations, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing