Kiewit Corporation Early Career Engineer 2 - Southwest District in Phoenix, Arizona
Date: Jun 14, 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Requisition ID: 66243
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing the following functions:
-project controls system
-subcontracts and materials management
-purchasing and scheduling
• Assist project management in:
-expediting material deliveries
-estimating and processing change orders
-preparing monthly billings
• May serve as a discipline engineer project
• Bachelor's degree in a construction-related field of engineering or equivalent experience and education with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in project or field engineering.
• Experience with leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning and organization.
• Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
• Fast-paced construction site environment; must be able to interact professionally with coworkers, craft and owners representatives while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Must be willing to relocate
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Construction Engineer, Field Engineer, Wastewater, Engineering