Kiewit Corporation Stationary Engineer in Omaha, Nebraska
Date: May 30, 2017
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 65781
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Include but are not limited to:
• Kiewit Plaza - 3555 Farnam Street, Omaha, NE 68131
• Blackstone Center - 302 South 36th Street, Omaha, NE 68131
• I Street - 12720 I Street, Omaha, NE 68137
• KU – 1450 Mike Fahey Street, Omaha, NE 68102
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Making equipment checks and fire rounds of the building.
• Maintaining boilers, chillers, air handlers, plumbing fixtures, electrical fixtures, and pneumatic and electrical controls.
• Operating and making necessary adjustments on energy management system.
• Replacing light bulbs and ballasts.
• Assisting with tenant problems.
• Cleaning boiler room and all other areas assigned to the engineering department.
• Performing water treatment tests for boiler water, chilled water, condenser water and adding chemicals as needed.
• Set up for meetings and/or group functions.
• Performing emergency procedures, if necessary.
• Reporting all problems to Assistant Facility Engineering Supervisor or Facility Engineering Supervisor.
• Checking sidewalks and parking lot after hours to report snow or ice removal problems.
• Performing back-up snow and ice removal duties.
• Assisting Security officers when needed.
• Helping with minor deliveries and furniture moves.
• Performing routine maintenance duties as assigned which includes: light carpentry and painting, hanging pictures, installing white boards, cork boards and other miscellaneous items.
• Disable alarm points on fire system as needed when work is being performed on or near fire system sensors.
• Candidates MUST have an active City of Omaha Third Grade Stationary Engineer License
• The ability to effectively communicate and work well with people.
• Hours for this position include: Tuesday - Saturday from 12:00AM - 8:00AM
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering