Kiewit Corporation Sr. QA Analyst - Information Technology in Omaha, Nebraska
Date: May 16, 2017
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 65506
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
This position performs complex testing tasks including planning, scheduling, troubleshooting and testing to ensure that developed products meet requirements and design specifications. Working as a leader within a delivery team, the Senior QA Analyst communicates with project teams and business areas. This role is responsible for the quality of test cases, the testing schedule and defect resolution. The Senior QA Analyst will give recommendations regarding the Release readiness of projects. The Senior QA Analyst is also responsible for mentoring QA Analysts and is expected to help drive improvements and efficiencies within QA and the organization overall. This position will report to the Quality Assurance Manager.
• Defines test objectives, creates test plans and develops strategy writing and executing manual test cases.
• Directs test planning, scheduling and is accountable for activities of the Business Area Testing Team
• Generates and analyzes reports to provide metrics to project teams and upper management.
• Manages priorities when assigned to multiple teams.
• Responsible for recognizing, collaborating with management, proposing solutions.
• Drives establishing guidelines for testing.
• Aware of defects and status for transparency.
• Assertively escalates issues to management and product teams.
• Stays current on evolving QA industry processes and standards.
• Demonstrates ability to partner with Technical Testing Team, Project Managers, Business Analysts and Development Resources.
• Minimum of 7 years of practical Software Testing experience with SAP, Oracle/SQL Server databases, or .Net and mobile applications.
• Programming knowledge of HTML, VBScript, SQL a plus.
• Mastery of functional, integration and regression testing techniques required.
• Administrator experience with HP Testing Toolsets required.
• Proven written/verbal communication skills, including the ability to lead technical discussions
• Superior problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience.
• Experience working in Waterfall and Agile project team environments and having the ability to influence the quality of the product in these environments.
• Diverse technology experience (across databases, operating environments, application platforms, delivery models, etc.)
• Exposure to multiple software development methodologies
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Information Technology, Engineer, Database, Developer, ERP, Technology, Engineering