Kiewit Corporation Scheduling Engineer in Omaha, Nebraska
Date: Sep 20, 2017
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 65143
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers has an opening for a Scheduling Analyst with specific responsibility for project scheduling. This position requires good working knowledge of Primavera and an ability to apply a logical progression of construction knowledge in the area of infrastructure and energy work.
The Scheduling Analyst is responsible for the following:
• Providing and/or overseeing critical path method scheduling (via Primavera) for construction projects.
• Developing schedules for estimates and work to be bid and for newly awarded projects.
• Coordination with project teams, as needed, to analyze delays and impacts to the project schedule.
The successful candidate must have a desire for a career in scheduling. The candidate must possess the ability to operate/use Primavera Scheduling software or an interest in learning Primavera Scheduling software. In addition, the candidate must possess the following qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related degree
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated work ethic
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• The ability to travel (up to 50%)
• The ability to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
• Occasional extended assignments at other sites are possible
• Ability to relocate based on business needs
• Must meet the requirements of eligibility to work on Federal Projects
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Scheduler, Water Treatment, Engineering, Administrative, Customer Service