Kiewit Corporation QA Analyst - Information Technology in Omaha, Nebraska
Date: May 16, 2017
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 65507
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
This position performs complex testing tasks requiring planning, script writing, manual script execution, oversight and coordination with Project Teams. Working within a delivery team, the QA Analyst communicates with the Senior QA Analyst, developers, business analysts and project managers to report software defects found in various products and manage resolution prior to go live. This position will report to the Quality Assurance Manager.
• Defines test objectives, creates test plans, and develops manual test strategies.
• Experience writing and executing end to end test cases based on requirements.
• Communicates test status clearly to Management.
• Participates actively and influences quality on assigned teams.
• Follows guidelines for Testing, Release Management, Change Management and Software Development.
• Responsible for recognizing and creating awareness of process or quality problems.
• Administration of HP-ALM Folders, User Maintenance.
• Minimum of 4 years of practical Software Testing experience with Client/Server Applications, ideally including SAP, Oracle/SQL Server database, or .Net, and mobile applications required..
• Knowledge and/or experience with HP Testing Toolsets (HP Quality Center/ALM, UFT, Performance Testing Tools) required.
• Programming knowledge of HTML, VBScript, SQL a plus
• Highly detail-oriented and comfortable with calculation-intensive activities
• Solid experience with functional, integration and regression testing.
• Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile team environments required.
• Proven written/verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills.
• Bachelors degree. in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Information Technology, Engineer, Database, Developer, ERP, Technology, Engineering