Kiewit Corporation Performance Test Analyst in Omaha, Nebraska
Date: Jun 17, 2017
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 64901
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
The Performance Test Analyst will work in a collaborative manner with developers, Business Analyst, DBA's, Test Engineers, PM's and the infrastructure team to review the system performance SLA requirements to define test scenarios. The individual will participate in the implementation and execution of all aspects of the performance testing activities including planning, requirements gathering, test scripts, execution and management of Performance Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Summary Reports and Defects. The performance engineer will also be responsible for documenting test results and identifying and classifying performance issues as they relate to the testing activity. This position requires strong deductive reasoning, attention to detail.
• Coordinate gathering Performance Requirements for each project
• Creating best-in-class performance testing approaches enterprise-wide projects
• Create, maintain and execute test scripts against hardware and software platforms
• Stay current with evolving performance test frameworks and tools
• Leverage HP LoadRunner and Mobile Center to standardize scripting practices
• Evaluate overall system capacity during end-to-end load tests
• Coordinate with Basis, Data Network, System and Server Admins during performance testing
• Enhance and extend the Performance library and framework
• Estimate work efforts
• Produce and communicate test results to customers
• Add to performance and scalability testing efforts
• Provide excellent customer service
• Highly motivated and self-directed
• Experience in software testing management, software quality assurance or related information management role preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience with HP Testing Toolsets required
• LoadRunner experience is a must
• Scripting background in C++ desired
• Possess a thorough understanding of information technology performance test management and quality control best practices
• Knowledge of principles and processes of SDLC and its application to business issues
• Demonstrated initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while still maintaining high quality standards
• Problem solver; can quickly assess a situation then develop and implement effective solutions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to present information to both technical and non-technical customers/stakeholders, in appropriate formats.
• Capable of executing processes successfully
• Strong analytics and metrics capability to extract quality, execution, and risk measurements for testing services.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or performance testing work experience required.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Engineer, Business Analyst, QA Tester, DBA, Testing, Engineering, Technology, Quality