Kiewit Corporation Drilled Shafts Superintendent in Omaha, Nebraska
Date: Apr 4, 2017
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 64541
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Lead daily field operations through leadership and management of craft/equipment for drilled shaft operations
• Lead the project safety and quality performances through personal leadership and compliance with Project Safety / Quality plans
• Assist with the daily, weekly and monthly schedules
• Manage job cost reports and budget
• Manage key suppliers and subcontractors to our operations
• Daily coordination and communication with prime contractor and inspectors
• Ten or more years’ experience in heavy civil construction environment with emphasis on drilled shafts and secant pile foundations
• Craft management experience in Foreman/General Foreman role or similar.
• Specific experience in drilled shafts, secant pile foundations, drilled drop/vent shafts, picking and setting rebar cages, placing tremie concrete, use of polymer in shafts, segmental casing, oscillators.
• Experience in labor and cost planning and budgeting.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of project craft, staff and management.
• Fast-paced project field environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 50 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. as needed.
• Projects are usually short durations, requiring temporary travel assignments.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Construction, Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Wastewater, Engineering